*my blue, flea market table

When my wife and I remodeled our living room furniture was part of the mix. And we had some good luck finding furniture here and there and various stores on sale and helping us keep costs down. However we also new that some of the details could very easily be done cheaply with some good finds from garage sales or flea markets. This included end tables.


I went to one of the local flea markets and found this gem of a table for $20. Came from an estate sale. It was a lovely yellow color with brown flecks. Not sure if the flecks were deliberate or splatters of mud/paint. Overall the construction was in good condition. It has a nice marble top with a crack on one of the corners that could be patched. I looked at the yellow table and saw great potential. Especially when I thought of it being blue. We've got some killer fabric my wife incorporated into some parts of our living room that I knew the blue would match. In the before picture you can see the blue fabric I am referring too.

In the end I was pleasantly surprised. It's definitely a conversation piece with its color. Which is what I wanted. It gets a commented on every time someone new comes over and its a mixed bag on whether or not they like it. But I dig it for sure!

0 comments:

Post a Comment