*chalk one up for the team

I took on the adventure of painting with chalkboard paint. I got some old lockers from my parents, I was so excited to get this project started that I forgot to take before pictures but I did find this one that shows what the original lockers looked like.
I mixed up my own chalkboard paint and it is easy to do. 1 cup paint (any color) and 2 tablespoons of non-sanded white grout. Mix together really well and you are ready to go.
You might be asking, "Why mix your own when you can buy chalkboard paint?" Good question, the answer is...custom colors. This time I went with black, but my round will be a coordinating color to match our paint in the basement. I used a sponge brush to apply.
It took two coats but I am very pleased with the results.
Here is a close up view, I wrote and erased on locker number 7, so it looks a little more broken in.

Another idea I have is in the garage. I kept some of our old kitchen cabinets and I plan on chalkboard painting the door fronts and then I can label what tools are held inside.

0 comments:

Post a Comment